Before using Titan, you need to verify that you own your domain. Domain Verification is done by creating Titans MX and TXT records to verify the ownership of your domain and activate email services.
Set up instructions for popular registrars
You can click on the links down below should you be registered under either registrar:
- Google Domains
- Alibaba Cloud
General set up instructions
If your domain is registered with any other registrar, you may follow these steps(or forward them to your webmaster/techie friend): Log in to your account on the domain registrar's site.
- Navigate to the DNS / Domain Management Page/ DNS Control Panel in your admin page
- Find the MX Records/ Email Servers/ Email Settings option
- Add OR Replace the following MX records to your domain
- Set the Name/ Host field as either @ or leave it Blank.
- Set the Value/Points to field as mx1.titan.email
- Set the Priority field as 10
- Set the TTL value to 1 hour or 3600 seconds.
- Repeat the above steps for all entries in the below table
|10||@||mx1.titan.email||1 hour/ 3600 seconds|
|20||@||mx2.titan.email||1 hour/ 3600 seconds|
9. Also, add the following SPF record to your domain
|TXT||@||v=spf1 include:spf.titan.email ~all||1 hour/ 3600 seconds|
Once the DNS records are configured, you're all set to send and receive emails from your domain using Titan Mail!
Follow these steps to ensure that domain verification is completed:
1. Login to your Email control panel
2. Under Domain verification, click on Verify Domain and re-try sending an email.
While configuring your email account in Outlook, some versions of Outlook send a test email to ensure that the account is configured properly. If your domain is unverified, this step will fail and you will not be able to successfully configure the email account in Outlook until the domain is verified in the Titan control panel.
If you have verified your domain with DNS records and you still cannot set up your Titan mailbox, please reach out to email@example.com.