If you've signed up for a business email with Titan, there's just one final step before you begin sending professional emails - connecting your domain to Titan so that messages sent to your domain are received by your business email on Titan.
This is done by configuring your MX records to point to Titan. MX records are DNS records that allow you to receive emails through a particular email server (In this case, the Titan Mail server).
In this article, we will walk you through how you can configure an MX record for your domain and set up your Titan Mail account.
Titan needs you to verify domain ownership and activate email services by setting MX records & TXT records.
Please note: Unverified domains won't be able to receive or send emails. To know more about Domain Verification, click here
Set up instructions for popular registrars
You can click on the links down below should you be registered under either registrar:
- Google Domains
- Alibaba Cloud
General set up instructions
If your domain is registered with any other registrar, you may follow these steps(or forward them to your webmaster/techie friend): Log in to your account on the domain registrar's site.
- Navigate to the DNS / Domain Management Page/ DNS Control Panel in your admin page
- Find the MX Records/ Email Servers/ Email Settings option
- Add OR Replace the following MX records to your domain
- Set the Name/ Host field as either @ or leave it Blank.
- Set the Value/Points to field as mx1.titan.email
- Set the Priority field as 10
- Set the TTL value to 1 hour or 3600 seconds.
- Repeat the above steps for all entries in the below table
|10||@||mx1.titan.email||1 hour/ 3600 seconds|
|20||@||mx2.titan.email||1 hour/ 3600 seconds|
9. Also, add the following SPF record to your domain
|TXT||@||v=spf1 include:spf.titan.email ~all||1 hour/ 3600 seconds|
Done! You're all set to send and receive emails from your domain using Titan Mail!
Feel free to knock on our door by writing to us at email@example.com in case you need any assistance with configuring these records.
We look forward to having you onboard!