DKIM helps to verify the sender of an email and check if any alterations are made to the email in transit. Setting up DKIM record for your domain will help prevent your emails from going to spam at the recipient end. The below article will help you understand the importance of DKIM and how you can set it up for your Titan domain.
Select the provider, where your domain/website's DNS zone is hosted from the below list to setup DKIM for your domain accordingly.
You can find the same by entering your domain name here.
Learn more about DKIM records:
- What is DKIM record?
- How does DKIM work?
- Generate Custom DKIM record on Titan
- Add DKIM record to domain's DNS Zone
What is DKIM record?
DKIM is an email security standard designed to make sure that an email is not altered in transit between the sender and recipient server.
It uses an approach called “public-key cryptography” to verify that an email message was sent from an authorized mail server, and makes sure that the email delivered is an authentic one and no alterations were made to it in transit.
How does DKIM work?
DKIM is compatible with existing email infrastructure and works with SPF and DMARC to create multiple layers of security for domains sending emails. It uses public-key cryptography to sign an email with a private key as it is sent out from the sender server.
Recipient servers then use a public key published to a domain’s DNS to verify the source of the message and to make sure that the email was not altered in transit. Once the signature is verified with the public key by the recipient server, the email passes DKIM and is considered authentic.
Generate Custom DKIM record on Titan
- Log in to the Titan Email Control Panel
If you are a Blacknight user, please log in to your email control panel using this link - https://manage-euc1.titan.email/
- Click on the banner Improve Email Reputation or navigate to Email Reputation tab in the sidebar
- Under Add DKIM record click on Add and scroll down to view DKIM record.
Add DKIM record to domain's DNS Zone
- Copy the DNS Host Name from Titan Email Control Panel once the DKIM record is generated as shown here
- Open your domain's control panel and navigate to its DNS Zone
- Create a new TXT record
Please add the TXT record in the control panel where your domain's authoritative Name Server(NS) records are pointing to. You may use third-party tools like this one to check your domain's NS records.
- In the field Hostname paste the DNS Host Name value copied above
- Now copy the TXT record value & paste it in the TXT value field in the TXT record as shown below
- Once TXT record is added, go back to Titan Email Control Panel, select the option of I've added TXT records in my DNS control panel and click on the Verify changes button
That's it! Your domain's DKIM record is set now.
|alert-warning||The DKIM record can take upto 6 hours in some cases to propagate globally. Hence you can verify your DKIM record couple of hours after adding it.|
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com should you need any assistance with the above!