Email reputation refers to the assessment of an email sender's trustworthiness and credibility by internet service providers (ISPs) and email receivers. It is an essential factor that determines whether an email will end up in the recipient's inbox, spam folder, or get rejected altogether.
The best way to achieve email reputation is by authenticating your emails.
This can be done using authentication methods, such as DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM), to verify the authenticity of your emails and prevent email spoofing and phishing attacks.
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM)
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is an email authentication method that allows the recipient's mail server to verify the authenticity of an email message and confirm that it was not altered during transit. DKIM uses cryptographic signatures to verify the integrity of the email and ensure that it was sent by the legitimate domain owner.
Generate Custom DKIM record on Titan
Log in to the Titan Email Control Panel
If you are a Blacknight user, please log in to your email control panel using this link - https://manage-euc1.titan.email/
- Click on the banner Improve Email Reputation or navigate to Email Reputation tab in the sidebar
- Under Add DKIM record click on Add and scroll down to view DKIM record.
Add DKIM record to domain's DNS Zone
- Copy the DNS Host Name from Titan Email Control Panel once the DKIM record is generated as shown here
- Open your domain's control panel and navigate to its DNS Zone
- Create a new TXT record
Please add the TXT record in the control panel where your domain's authoritative Name Server(NS) records are pointing to. You may use third-party tools like this one to check your domain's NS records.
- In the field Hostname paste the DNS Host Name value copied above
- Now copy the TXT record value & paste it in the TXT value field in the TXT record as shown below
- Once TXT record is added, go back to Titan Email Control Panel, select the option of I've added TXT records in my DNS control panel and click on the Verify changes button
That's it! Your domain's DKIM record is set now.
|The DKIM record can take upto 6 hours in some cases to propagate globally. Hence you can verify your DKIM record couple of hours after adding it.
To know more about DKIM records and which DKIM record to add for Titan please refer this article