Mail merge is a handy feature that allows you to create a batch of documents that are personalized for each recipient.
It incorporates data like Name, Surname, E-mail address from a Spreadsheet containing user information. Whereas the main body like letters, E-mails, etc. is incorporated from Microsoft Word. This helps you eliminate the effort and time needed to retype the same content again and again for different recipients!
You can easily use Mail Merge feature through Titan Mail servers by simply following the steps given below:
- Before you start using Mail merge, make sure that you have configured your Titan Mail account on your Outlook as your default mail sending account. If you want to know how to configure Titan Mail on your Outlook, you can simply click check it out here.
- Now that the setup is done we can start with creating the spreadsheet consisting of user information. (You may not need to do this step if you already have a spreadsheet)
- Open Microsoft Excel application and select a new Blank workbook.
- On the newly created sheet start adding the headers and the relevant information and save it. In the image below we have added the headers as Name, Surname, Date, Item, E-mail address and the relevant information
- Now open Microsoft Word and select Blank document and select mailings. Click on Start Mail Merge and select the desired option. We've selected E-mail below
- Now we shall import the spreadsheet previously created.
- Click on Select Recipients and select Use an Existing List.
- Browse and select the spreadsheet we previously created.
- Once done, a new dialog box appears where you have to select the sheet from which you want to import the information. in our case it is Sheet1$. Also, don't forget to check box First row of data contain column headers.
- Now, start drafting the desired E-mail that you want to send. To add recipient specific data follow these steps:
- Click on Insert Merge Field.
- Select the desired Fields.
- Your E-mail template is now ready! To preview the output click on Preview Results and click on the forward icon besides it
- You are now all set to send out emails! To do this
- Click on Finish & Merge.
- In the drop down select Send E-mail messages. A new dialog box shall appear. Enter the following settings there
- To: <E-mail address>
- Subject: <E-mail subject subject>
- E-mail format: HTML
- Send Records: All
Voila! You've just now sent personalized E-mails to the recipients mentioned in the Excel sheet through Titan mail servers!
Feel free to knock on our door by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you need any assistance with configuring this.