There might be instances when you come across this error while you set up your contact form or or SMTP Email which says: ESMTP not accepting connections. What to do in such a situation? No worries, we've got your back.
The error you might come across would be as follows:
Why is SMTP failing?
The major reason as to why you would come across this error during the set-up and they are as follows:
- Basically this error of not accepting connections simply means that the error is coming right when there is also an other SMTP client which is trying to connect here as well, leading to this.
- Having said that, you might face this error can be because of your outbound server IP being blocked at our end. Where can you get the outbound server IP? You can get the outbound server IP from your hosting provider.
|alert-warning||Please note: you can simply reach out to us directly at email@example.com once you have the outbound server IP address to have it checked at our end for blockages, this shall help with reducing the to & fro|
Why do we block IP?
Now the question might arise as to why would we block the same? and the reason is simply to safeguard yourself from security hazards. Also please do note, the reasons for the IP blocked can be as follows:
- There must have been multiple aggressive login failures from an IP in a short period of time resulting to the block, the reason for which is the reason is simply to prevent spam/abuse originating from your IP address and protect all of our customers from spam and in-turn ensure higher INBOX delivery rates.
- Along with this, please do understand that we always block the IP temporarily first and temporary blocks are automatically removed in sometime however if the activity repeats over a few times we then go ahead and block the responsible IP permanently.
Also please do note, we do not make any exceptions as this is a security feature which ensures that no external brute force action can help external users to get into your Titan email account and thus helps safeguard yourself.
As a Provider following actions are expected from your side:
- Do not make any unauthenticated attempts to any SMTP providers
- Do keep a regular check on spam/abuse originating from your IP address
- Do keep a check on user behavior, which might be making too many frequent connections (for example: 200 connections in a time span of 1-2 minute's) to an SMTP provider
Note for Web Hosting Providers:
- The blocks at Titan end could be very old as well and are only raised once some customer raises an issue, thus availability of logs to investigate what caused block is also limited. However if the provider requires, we may be able to get the timestamp window of last block (which can help provider to check things at their end) but only before we remove the block at our end. Once the block is removed at our end, we will not be able to provide last block timestamps for the same.
If you have any further doubts/queries, please feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, our team shall be more than happy to help :)