If you have just started out on Titan Mail and do not have any contacts saved, you can import them from other email services such as Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo. To import from other services, you should have the contacts available in the form of a CSV file - once the CSV file is ready, you can upload the file and your contacts would then be available on Titan Mail
This article will help you understand:
1. How to export contacts from Outlook Gmail or Yahoo and then import it onto Titan Mail (Jump here)
2. How to structure your CSV file if you are importing contacts from sources other than Gmail, outlook or Yahoo (Jump here)
3. Sample CSV file that you can refer to upload your contacts (Jump here)
Exporting CSV files from Outlook, Gmail or Yahoo
If you have your contacts in one of the email clients below, follow the steps to export your contacts as a CSV file.
If you are using Outlook 2010, then please click here
To add your contacts to Titan Mail account, first download them as a CSV file. Follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
1. Go to Google Contacts.
2. Select one of the following:
3. On the top left, click More actions Export.
4. To back up your contacts, select Google CSV.
5. To save your file, click Export.
Once you have the CSV file, you are now ready to import your contacts on to your Titan Mail email client
Importing from other CSV files
If you have a CSV file from another email service, you can still go ahead and use the file to import your contacts. Here is how you can go about it
Accepted structure of the CSV file
- Your .csv file can have a combination of phone numbers, names, emails etc. The file can either contain multiple phone numbers or a single phone number. Similarly, there can be multiple email or a single email list.
- In the case of multiple columns for the same field, the columns can be labeled with numbering too. For example, “phone number 1”, “phone number 2”, etc.
|alert-success||It is mandatory to have one of the following fields, to be able to import your contacts - email, full name or phone number.|
Your CSV file need not have all the columns mentioned in the sheet. It is only mandatory to have either of email, full name or phone number.
Supported columns and descriptions
File below the table with all the fields and column names that are supported. for e.g if there is a column with a list of emails, the column name or the header could be one among the following - Email, Email Id, Email Value, Email Address, Mail, Mail Id, Mail Value, Mail Address. If the email column is named column1 for example, the file will not be supported.
||Column Description||Column Name (case insensitive)|
|1.||Email, Email Id, Email Value, Email Address, Mail, Mail Id, Mail Value, Mail Address|
|2.||Emails list||Emails, Email Ids, Email Addresses|
|3.||Full name||Name, Full Name|
|4.||First name||First Name, Given Name|
||Last Name, Family Name, Surname|
||Primary Phone, Home Phone, Mobile Phone, Pager, Business Phone, Other Phone, Phone Value, Phone Number|
|7.||Phone numbers list||Numbers, Contact Numbers, Phone Numbers|
|8.||Url||Url, Website, Webpage|
|9.||Address||Address, Home Address, Full Address|
|11.||Birthday||Birthday, Birth date, Date of Birth, DoB|
|12.||Designation||Designation, Job Title, Organization Title, Company Title|
|13.||Department||Department, Job Department, Organization Department, Company Department|
|14.||Company||Company, Company Name, Organization, Organization Name|
For e.g. if you have a file with only email ids you wish to import and don't have the remaining fields, your import will be successful. In case you have a CSV file with only "designation" column, the import will not go through.
Sample CSV file for downloading
If you want to refer a sample CSV file, you can download the same from here. You can also copy-paste your contacts into this file with the respective column headers and use it to upload - Download sample CSV file.
If you have any trouble following through the steps mentioned here, just drop in a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be happy to guide you through the process.